Carrot Apple Muffins
Apple Carrot Muffins
A moist, flavourful snack for your kids that is just the perfect balance of sweetness from the apples and carrots. These treats are a great recipe to make with your kids as they can practice lots of cooking skills like grating, measuring and mixing.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cups walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated apple about 1 apple
- 1 cup grated carrots about 2 carrots, peeled
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Position rack in the center of the oven Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, walnuts and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple, carrot, melted butter and honey. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.**Do NOT over mix the batter.
- Spoon Batter into the muffin cups, filling each to the brim. Bake until the muffins are nicely brown on top and a knife inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Allow muffins to cool completely before storing.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. If you like them warm, reheat on low power in the microwave.
Source: “Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow.” by Shalene Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky