Apples are readily available year round so this recipe is super easy and delicious any time of year! Instructions geared for ages 8 & up
- 6 large sweet apples 2 tbs brown sugar 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 the juice of one lemon 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c of your favourite granola type cereal such as Honey Bunches of Oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans 2 tbs Honey 1 tbs Butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 the vanilla beans of a pod or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Have child(ren) collect and measure out the ingredients and check them off on the list to make sure all the ingredients have been collected.
- Have child(ren) mix honey and vanilla into the yogurt and set aside. This can be made ahead as the flavours will enhance as it sits. This is also a great recipe to use to dip fresh fruit into!
- Have child(ren) Wash apples. (Adult or older child) Core, peel and slice apples into thick slices.
- (Adult or older child) Place butter in a pan and melt. Once the butter is melted add the apples and brown sugar. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes then add cinnamon and lemon juice. Continue to cook until apples are tender (about 3 - 4 more minutes).
- Have child(ren) divide apples equally between the serving dishes and set aside.
- (Adult or older child) Melt butter and honey in the same pan that was used to cook the apples, have child(ren) drizzle over the top of the cereal and using a spoon mix it all together.
- Have child(ren) divide over top of each bowl and serve with vanilla cream on the side or on top of the apple crumble
As local fruits come into season, substitute the apples for any fruit such as peaches, blueberries or strawberries! You can also mix fruits together!