Cinnamon Buckwheat Granola
Buckwheat Cinnamon Granola
The cinnamon and hint of apple adds a delicious crunchy topping to your yoghurt and cereal or just eat by the handful!
Write a review
- ¾ cup raw buckwheat flakes
- ¼ cup raw almonds (any nuts or seeds can be used)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp applesauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 tsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated and wet.
- Spread the granola onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, mix granola and bake for another 15 minutes, watching closely so it doesn’t burn. Granola will be lightly golden on the bottom and will become crunchy as it cools.
- Cool completely and then store in an airtight container for up to 3-4 weeks.