- Chorizo sausage
- Roasted chicken shredded (no skin)
- Onion chopped
- Garlic minced
- Bell pepper chopped
- Cherry tomatoes
- Equal parts Arborio rice
- Equal parts white wine
- Approximate quantities based on how many packets will be made. No measuring needed (another good thing when camping!)
- Lay a double layer of foil over an individual size bowl. Dull side of foil should be facing out. This helps form your packet in a bowl shape. The bowl is NOT going in the fire.
- Add the chorizo, chicken, onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Top off your foil packet with equal parts of rice and white wine. Stir contents of your packet. Bring the edges of the foil together and fold or scrunch to close the packet.
- Place your packet in the fire away from the direct heat.
- Cooking times will vary a lot depending on how hot your campfire is and how close the packets are to the flames. Rotate the packets every 10 or 15 minutes. Roughly, it will take an hour for the rice to cook.
- Remove from the fire, open the packet and enjoy.
Tip: Use leftover roasted chicken or other meats. Try other veggies like mushrooms, peas or asparagus. Another great tip is to pre-chop all your ingredients before leaving home and store in sealed bags or containers to bring camping. Adapted from Zestuous