Cardamom Granola is a great substitute for boxed cereal - it’s subtly sweet and perfectly crunchy. Make a batch at the beginning of the week and serve it for breakfast everyday after. Enjoy it on a smoothie bowl or straight of of the jar with your choice of milk or milk alternative.
Servings: 5 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats NOT QUICK OATS
- ½ cup chopped nuts walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts or combo
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom or sub ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/43 cup honey
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 275F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, nuts, coconut, cinnamon, cardamom and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the honey, oil and vanilla and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola mixture out on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before breaking up the clusters.
- Once completely cool, transfer to a widemouthed jar with a lid. Granola will stay fresh for several weeks!
Source: “Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow” by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky