Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
Looking for an alternative to mashed potatoes? Mashed cauliflower is delicious, and healthy alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. both vegetables contain needed fibre but cauliflower is more dense in vitamins which can add a boost to our bodies especially in the winter. Garnish mashed cauliflower with chives, thyme, or your favorite finishing salt. If you want to add some fat, try a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or pat of butter or cream cheese.
- 1 large cauliflower cut into small pieces (about a pound)
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 14 oz. cans low-sodium chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 2 tbsp. chives chopped (or green onion)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Combine cauliflower, garlic and broth in a large saucepan. If the broth does not cover the cauliflower, add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and garlic, reserving 2 tablespoons broth.
- Hand mash, or transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Add broth if necessary to moisten mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add chives and parsley, and stir.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Food.com