Eggy Skillet Recipe
A versatile meal for any of the day with endless possibilities of vegetable and meat combinations.
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 8 eggs - cracked and lightly mixed
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1/2 cup small diced peppers
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped washed and well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dice potatoes into small cubes and place in a pot with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are soft (approximately 5 minutes)
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain them and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking you can start to chop up all the vegetables.
- When the preparation on all the vegetables is done, turn your first fry pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of canola oil. When the oil is hot add the potatoes. Continue to stir the potatoes to crisp up the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking turn the second fry pan on also with a small amount of canola oil. Add the onions and sauté for about a minute before adding the peppers.
- Sauté the peppers for another minute until they are soft.
- Add the eggs and let them cook in the pan, don't over mix to allow the eggs to get fluffy. Once the eggs are set you can break them up gently and flip them over.
- Add the spinach and cook until it is just wilted then remove from heat.
- The potatoes should be crispy at this time so turn the stove off and add the shredded cheese
- spreading it evenly on top of the potatoes.
- Dish out the potatoes on serving plate and top with the eggs.
Substitution ideas: mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes or chopped cooked meat.