This is the perfect recipe to use up the kale, or spinach left in your garden or fridge before it starts to go bad! This recipe adds a little zip to your pizza, pasta, or sandwiches! Instructions geared for ages 8 & up
- 3 cups kale and/or spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup of pistachios almonds, pine nuts, or walnuts (omit if there is a nut allergy)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese or grana padano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Have child(ren) add all ingredients to a blender.
- Have a parent or older child(ren) blend till smooth. Add water, if needed, to get the consistency you like.
Tip: You can freeze leftovers in ice cube trays for later use.