Mango Radish Salad
Radish and Mango Salad
Mango and Radish salad brings a fun addition to your summer meals. A beautiful combination of sweetness from mango tames the more bitter radish. This recipe was prepared by elementary school students participating in our Edible Education program. The students had grown radishes and a variety of greens in their classroom that were harvested for a salad base. Enjoy the tropical nuance of this salad with your own greens!
- Lettuce spinach or red giant mustard leaves
- 1 mango
- 1 bunch radishes 8-10
- ½ English cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- pinch of salt
- Wash lettuce or spinach and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Wash and peel mango. Cut into wedges.
- Wash radishes and cucumber and slice thinly.
- Arrange lettuce or spinach, mango, cucumber and radishes on a platter.
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, olive oil and honey. Season with salt.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Enjoy immediately.
Pour the dressing on the salad just before serving. This will keep the salad crisper. Oil softens lettuce, spinach and other greens very quickly. Adapted from Martha Stewart