Turkey Bubble and Squeak
Turkey Bubble & Squeak
This recipe has a funny name but it's a great way to use up a myriad of leftovers.
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 2-3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- any leftover vegetables brussell sprouts, carrots, peas etc
- 1 cup shredded leftover turkey
- Melt your butter in cast iron or non-stick pan and add the onions to sauté for one minute.
- Add all of your ingredients into the pan and fry continuously on medium/high heat for about eight to ten minutes, tossing to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Once your mixture is heated through, press the mixture down into the pan firmly with the back of a large spoon.
- Don’t touch it for a few minutes so it gets nice and crispy. Flip and repeat.
You can slice this into portions and serve with toppings that you have leftover such as cranberry sauce, sour cream, or gravy. Some fresh sliced green onions would also brighten this dish. Another idea would be to go breakfast with this dish and serve it with buttered toast and a fried egg on top.