A recipe for your kids to make for their school lunches or an after school snack. They taste so good, the kids will forget that they are packed with veggies!
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ cups greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small cucumber peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons dill
- Kosher salt to taste
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
Veggie Nugget Instructions
- Shred carrots.
- Steam broccoli in the microwave for two minutes or until tender.
- Place shredded carrots, steamed broccoli, garlic, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, cheese, onion powder, and black pepper in food processor and pulse for 15 seconds or until well combined. Mixture should form easily into a ball. If it's too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Form mixture into balls, about a tablespoon each (I use a cookie scoop). You should get about 25 nuggets. Flatten slightly into round discs about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each veggie nugget with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat until it sizzles when sprinkled with water droplets.
- Arrange nuggets in skillet and cook about 4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and crispy.