Back to School Blog
How to beat the Back to School packed lunch stress!
Back to School: Packed Lunch Tips
1) Variety – Kids get tired of having the same thing. Change it up! Let them come to the grocery store with you and help pick out healthy options.
2) Get the kids involved – Get the kids involved in helping prepare their lunches. Studies have shown children are more likely to eat the food if they have contributed to it.
3) Schedule time – Set aside time for making lunches, maybe after dinner to beat the morning mayhem.
4) Use Canada’s Food Guide – keep Canada’s Food Guide close to use it as a teaching guide to ensure you get all the food groups.
5) Be a role model – pack your lunch along side the kids
Check out these sites for more ideas:
Dietitians of Canada – Brown Bag Lunches
What not to pack
How to ward off the after-school sugar rush
Do you need some cooking tips on how to get your kids involved in the kitchen? We’ve partnered with Alberta Health Services to offer a selection of Parent and Child Culinary classes starting this fall at two locations check out our schedule.