Cranberry Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry Nut Chocolate Chip Cookie
Chocolate chips or cranberries might seem like the best part about these cookies, but it's really that each cookie is 75 calories. These cookies taste so decadent no one needs to know they're packed with whole wheat, fiber-rich oats, and omega-rich walnuts.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate minichips
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter softened
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, oats, baking powder, and the next 5 ingredients (through chips) in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add honey, vanilla, egg, and egg white; beat well. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on pans. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Adapted from Cooking Light