Poached Chicken and Relish Wraps with Dipping Sauce
Poached Chicken & Relish Wraps with Dipping Sauce
Fermented mixed vegetables are a tangy and tasty addition to these rice paper wraps. A fresh idea for lunch at work or to slice for serving as an light appetizer.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp salt
- Aromatics: smashed garlic cloves 1 inch of ginger, sliced
- 1 cup cooking liquid: apple juice water, wine, apple juice
- water as per directions
- 16 rice paper wrappers ~9 inches in diameter
- found in the International or Asian food aisle
- 2 cup cooked rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
Garlic Lime Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch of chili flakes for heat
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large sauce pot, place the chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and aromatics.
- On a stove top, Add 1 cup poaching liquid, add enough cool water to cover chicken by ~ 1 inch.
- Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot.
- Allow chicken to cook until 165 deg F. (start to check temperature at ~10 minutes). Remove from liquid, place on cutting board.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook rice vermicelli.
- While chicken and vermicelli are cooking, prepare lettuce & onion
- Drain and mince in food processor the fermented mixed veg*, pluse until relish like substance.
- Prepare garlic lime dipping sauce. Mix ingredients together in a sauce pan. Heat, Stir in juice of 1 lime. Put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add ~1 inch of water to a large frying pan, bring water to a boil; keep water hot. This will be for cooking the rice wrappers.
When you have all ingredients ready, start assembling rolls
- Dip 1 rice paper into frying pan of hot water to soften (Work with one at a time). Set on a cutting board.
- In the middle of the rice wrapper, add in vermicelli and small amounts of your prepared vegetables & relish.
- Fold the sides over the filling and roll up tightly. Set aside on a plate and cover with a clean damp towel until ready to serve.